At this point you should have the S2Member Plugin installed on your Word Press website and 3 or 4 Membership pages created. If not go back to Step 1 for the instructions.
We are now going to configure the General Options for our S2Member Membership Site.
On you Word Press Admin Panel you will see S2Member on the left hand column. Click on General Options.
Once on the General Options Page you will see 12 different drop menus that need to be configured. Many of them can stay as they are, there are however a few you will want to pay special attention to.
- Deactivation Safeguards – Set this to yes so just in case you deactivate the plugin your data is not lost.
- Email Configuration – Change to email you what your visitors to see.
- Open Registration – If you plan on having a free level where users must register before accessing so or all of your content. This will be level #0.
- Membership Levels/Lables – Here you can name your membership levels. With the free version you can have upto five including free members.
- Login and Registration Design – This will let you change how your registration pages look. You change fonts and text color and size. You can also change to background and swap out the S2Member logo with your own.
- Custom Users Registration – You can choose what information you want to gather when a new visitors signs up. By default it will collect the First and Last Name and an email address.
- Login Welcome Page and Membership Options Page – For both of these options just select the corresponding pages we created in Part 1.